lunes, 26 de octubre de 2009

My 'beloved? faculty


Today, for post 9 I have to talk about my “beloved faculty”, I don’t know if I have to say something about the faculty itself (I mean the building and facilities) or the careers given in Social sciences (anthropology, psychology, sociology and education), or some institutional aspects.
I going to talk about the faculty’s facilities, well, it’s not a very old building (was built in the first half of the 90s), it has good classrooms, a very good computer rooms, with brand new computers.
But the faculty has a lot of things that need improvements. Starting with the problem of the library, well, actually is a study room and a library, with old computers, most of them turn off, and the others are break down or infested with viruses. There isn’t open shelf, the books are in a mysterious, dark, chamber, located who-knows-where, and protected by a little, hunchbacked, man who can’t see the daylight... (actually, this is my image of where go the books…); the library doesn’t have armchairs where to seat to read…I envy the library of philosophy an humanities’ faculty!!it has two floors, it’s so big, with great computers, you can´t enter with your bag, and it has lockers if you want!!I think Social Science deserves a library like that one.
The cafeteria it´s too little and needs more microwaves; something funny: the students ask for a new study room, and guest what room became one…
Despite the brand new and last generation computers of the computer room, always are missing of computers (in the way that there are not enough for everyone), due to the English class. It’s important to recognize that were placed more new computers, but I think is not enough…
I think the first steps to dealing with this problems is let know to the authorities of the faculty our (in this case, my) uneasiness, well, for that I’m paying for (and a lot of money), and if we aren’t heard, we have to radicalize our stand…jajaja…that sounds revolutionary…
The benefits are many, about the cafeteria, everyone can lunch there, and the people who heats their lunch, don’t have to skip clases to reach to use the microwave before all the others, and to not waste your lunch time waiting to warm your meal.
Well, I would say a lot of others benefits but I think I passed for much the 300 words. See you next time!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario